A glaring trend in the Indian student community, in the recent times is “Internships”. How far is the student troop marching towards true value for internships. Why is this trend gaining more and more attention among colleges?
Why do companies offer internships?
- To fill temporary gaps
- To build an ecosystem within the industry
- To screen for full-time careers in their firm
- To promote innovations
- For academic research
With these reasons and a lot of other companies are more and more willing to encourage internships.
What should students expect from internships?
Internships typically last from a month to an year. 4 to 6 months is a reasonable duration for a student to achieve an internship’s objectives. Students should opt for internships when they need
- A learning environment
- Exposure to industry
- Easy access to the right employer for a permanent job
- Some exclusive time to experiment their skills
- Free mentoring and a professional experience
- Lastly, a stipend for their pocket money.
Internships have to be looked at as opportunities for both learning and earning.
- Design interns, design your career (hobbycollegecareer.wordpress.com)
- Top 5 internships in 2013 (hobbycollegecareer.wordpress.com)