It may be impractical to implement all the suggestions mentioned below to go GREEN. If you can change your lifestyle to implement atleast 5 to 6 of them, you will be contributing to make this world, a better place to live.
1. Use cycles to travel
2. Use technology to reduce travel – meetings from home
3. Encourage Virtual internships
4. Limit paper usage – Correspond and communicate all the study material virtually. Again use technology.
5. World Wide Classrooms – consolidated classrooms for students all around the world
6. Live naturally – Reduce usage of air-conditioner
7. Switch of your computers after use, don’t leave them to charge all through the day.
8. Gift recycled stationery to your friends and colleagues.
9. Start a nursery or a community where you start planting saps.
10. Carry a cloth bag always, instead of using plastic bags to share things.
Develop systems to take exams on the computer.
- Is internship earning or learning? (hobbycollegecareer.wordpress.com)