Tag Archive: writing
Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, English, Hindi or Swalihi – the language doesn’t matter. All that matters is your ability to express.
“Language is used by our mind to interpret thoughts.
When thought touches the soul it brings out knowledge.”
Writing as a hobby
Writing is a medium of expression. With practice writing expands our spectrum of expression; we tend to use apt words in every context.
Mostly, writing as a hobby with purpose starts during teenage. Children at school choose writing as a hobby when they start writing for their school journals and assignments. A lot of children are inspired by great leaders, their family, friends, while choosing this hobby. There are also instances when children choose this hobby as a way to vent out their emotions or sorrow in life.
Age, however is not the only factor that decides such a choice. Lot of renowned writers are also born in response to compelling circumstances in their life. There is no one reason why a person chooses to be a writer.
Writing has been an intellectual and enjoyable avenue among the literates.
How to inculcate and enrich, writing as a hobby?
Sun is warm, the abandoned becomes warm in its proximity.
Rain is wet, the pedestrain becomes wet under its umbrella .
Good writer is a visionary, the reader becomes the vision.
A well written passage enhances the readers’ ability to visualise and imagine. Writers should always try to manifest the plausible reader’s emotions, thoughts, feelings and ideas.When a reader feels that a writing is close to his personality, he appreciates it.
A writer should know, prepare and equip with the following before he/she starts writing:
- Objective behind choosing to write something
- Subject matter
- Audience he aims to address
- Knowledge/ Information necessary for the topic
- Structure of the passage and content
- Writing style
- And ofcourse a pen and a book 🙂 (or a laptop ;-))
This list is not exhaustive. The list increases with the type of writer. The writer could be a journalist, author, poet, spiritual leader, teacher or anyone. The writing style differs from person to person. Purpose of writing and occupation of the writer influences a writer’s writing style.
Ways to enhance writing skills
- Read, Read and Read. Read a lot
- Make a conscious effort to increase your vocabulary
- Use any writing opportunity: This could involve helping your friend to finish an assignment, participating in a competition or writing a journal
- Make diary writing a part of your daily to do list.
- Speak where ever possible about your writings.
- Listen to various opinions and views on different subject matters
- Explore different writing styles.
- Get a critic’s feedback: Don’t hesitate to share your writing with others for feedback.
- Join writing clubs
Writing and poetry can be opted as a full time occupation. Lack of clear expression is the reason for the birth of writing as an occupation. This lacunae is capitalised by the creative geeks; they have adopted various styles to captivate people through their lucid expressions.
Some useful resources