When do you see the need of planning finances as an ENGINEER?
As a student, though your parents may make major efforts to pay your college fees, you as a student would have to plan your finances. Right from paying for a paid seat in college vs a free seat to funding your fresher party ticket amount, your parents take care of it. The accepted culture in this aspect is ironical. When parents face this task of spending money, they crib yet pay for their children. Once it is paid somewhere a false ego of parents bloats and the act of paying for such merry gets justified. This note is for parents and students who want to state a difference and are ready to approach finances practically.
- Personal finances: Planning personal finances at college seems next to impossible. When we inspect into the money we spend on various things and prepare a log of it, we understand how much mismanagement of money takes place. Especially in urban India, youth are not introduced into the habit of recording expenses. However, inculcating this habit would prove purposeful and useful in your career days.
- Further education: The herd trend among engineers in India is that, after their engineering course, students either tend to pursue MS in a foreign country or get into a job. Irrespective of, whether you are following this trend or not, you need to plan your finances for further education which could masters in science, MBA or PhD as you proceed in life.
- Your future and Career: Most students who step out as engineers engage is different worlds and turn out to be something fascinating. Youth at this juncture are seeing dreams with eyes wide open. To fulfill these dreams you need to get into the habit of financial planning.
- Contingencies may manifest in any form. Sometimes they are harsh to handle. Spare some money aside to handle them boldly.
For your career, at a later time, you will feel that your world has expanded. You need more to survive. You opt to join a job to accomplish many personal aspirations as well as those coined with your family’s aspirations.
- Career learning: As you start your career, you would realize that the skill sets acquired at college are not enough for you to excel. With this realizations starts your second round of learning. This includes certification courses, management programmes and other professional courses. This again demands money.
- Living: In Indian culture children and parents are together irrespective of age. Now the trend has set in where girls and boys are building their mini forts by staying on their own to pursue their career in different cities. With this you become the owner of your life, which means you will have to pay for your living expenses like food, water, utilities, telephone and so on.
- Your family: One fine day you have to take complete responsibility of your family and that is the day you will be proud that this article prepared you to plan your finances. You family will demand your presence as well as your material assets. So watch out and preparing from today.
HAPPY FINANCIAL PLANNING!
Do you move restlessly in your bed trying to solve biological problems with technology? Do you feel living systems can be made better by the use of technology? If your answer is YES to both the questions, then you should explore biotechnology.
What is biotechnology?
Biotechnology involves working with living systems and bringing in technology where ever improvement is possible those systems. A sequence of biotechnology, bioinformatics and bioengineering is used in the life of a bio-tech product. Biotechnology is used in healthcare, environmental studies, crop production, agriculture and food production.
Skills required to pursue a career in Biotechnology
Basic lab skills, administration, inquisitiveness towards solution, problem solving, technical communication skills, decision making and creativity.
Courses in biotechnology
- Bachelor degree in Biotechnology
- B.E/B.Tech in Biotechnology
- Masters in Biotechnology
- M.Tech in Biotechnology
- M.Phil in Biotechnology
- MBA Biotechnology
- PhD in Biotechnology
Career opportunities after you pursue Biotechnology:
- Lab Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Associate
- Marketing personnel
- Business Development Officer
- Sales Representative
- Biotech Engineer
Application of Biotechnology
Biotechnology as a study, can be applied in the following fields:
- Marine Biotechnology
- Medical Nanotechnology
- Agriculture Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Food Processing
- Bio Processing Industries
- Pharmaceutical and Drug Industry
- Environment Control
- Waste Management
- Public Funded Laboratories
- Arms and ammunition
- Bionic architecture
Finite element, numerical simulation, three dimensional, reinforced concrete, ground motion, do these words excite you. Then look out for CIVIL ENGINEERING. It could be set as hardware and architecture as software of the industry.
While driving did you wonder where the sewage lines of your city led to? Did you feel your roads could be designed in a better way? Did you ever admire an edifice in your neighborhood? Then there is a possibility that you are inclined towards the profession of a civil engineer.
What is civil engineering? A basic idea.
It involves design, construction, planning and environmental matters. The key subjects exposed to a civil engineer are earth science, atmospheric science, geo physics, city planning, municipal and urban engineering, structural engineering, water resource engineering, etc.
Traces of systematized civil engineering is found in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. Eiffle Tower, Leaning tower of Pisa and Pyramids in Egypt are an example of the beginning of this science.
Top recruiters of civil engineers in India
- Essar Constructions Limited
- Gammon house
- Central Road Research Institute
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LTD
- National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.
Top Colleges you should explore
For those aspiring to fly high as a civil engineer, you could browse through the website of the following colleges.
The following link will take you to list of top colleges for civil engineering http://www.thecivilengg.com/top_universities.php
For your reference – useful resources