Cloud computing as a concept has changed the face and revolutionized the way organizations deal with database management, storage, IT systems‘ integration, virtualization, change management, project management and employee engagement.
Cloud computing is the smart usage of network but with a lot of aaS es in it. These are not the asses, we know as a donkey, but aaS – ‘as a Service’ tagged to all the functionalities that could be used on a cloud.
Here is a list for you:
AaaS – Application as a Service
AaaS – Analytics as a Service
BaaS – Backend as a Service
DaaS – Database as a Service
IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service
PaaS – Product as a Service
SaaS – Software as a Service
MaaS – Monitoring as a Service
CaaS – Communication as a Service
XaaS – Anything as a Service
When do you see the need of planning finances as an ENGINEER?
As a student, though your parents may make major efforts to pay your college fees, you as a student would have to plan your finances. Right from paying for a paid seat in college vs a free seat to funding your fresher party ticket amount, your parents take care of it. The accepted culture in this aspect is ironical. When parents face this task of spending money, they crib yet pay for their children. Once it is paid somewhere a false ego of parents bloats and the act of paying for such merry gets justified. This note is for parents and students who want to state a difference and are ready to approach finances practically.
- Personal finances: Planning personal finances at college seems next to impossible. When we inspect into the money we spend on various things and prepare a log of it, we understand how much mismanagement of money takes place. Especially in urban India, youth are not introduced into the habit of recording expenses. However, inculcating this habit would prove purposeful and useful in your career days.
- Further education: The herd trend among engineers in India is that, after their engineering course, students either tend to pursue MS in a foreign country or get into a job. Irrespective of, whether you are following this trend or not, you need to plan your finances for further education which could masters in science, MBA or PhD as you proceed in life.
- Your future and Career: Most students who step out as engineers engage is different worlds and turn out to be something fascinating. Youth at this juncture are seeing dreams with eyes wide open. To fulfill these dreams you need to get into the habit of financial planning.
- Contingencies may manifest in any form. Sometimes they are harsh to handle. Spare some money aside to handle them boldly.
For your career, at a later time, you will feel that your world has expanded. You need more to survive. You opt to join a job to accomplish many personal aspirations as well as those coined with your family’s aspirations.
- Career learning: As you start your career, you would realize that the skill sets acquired at college are not enough for you to excel. With this realizations starts your second round of learning. This includes certification courses, management programmes and other professional courses. This again demands money.
- Living: In Indian culture children and parents are together irrespective of age. Now the trend has set in where girls and boys are building their mini forts by staying on their own to pursue their career in different cities. With this you become the owner of your life, which means you will have to pay for your living expenses like food, water, utilities, telephone and so on.
- Your family: One fine day you have to take complete responsibility of your family and that is the day you will be proud that this article prepared you to plan your finances. You family will demand your presence as well as your material assets. So watch out and preparing from today.
HAPPY FINANCIAL PLANNING!
Which brand is Dhoni endorsing? How long did Sania stay in the transit airport? Who are the members in the team selected for the next world cup? Will Saina will the next badminton tournament? Which sports star will be the next brand ambassador for the most popular sports shoes?
These are the questions you will be investigating and answering as a sports journalist.
Sports and journalism feels weird as a combination when we hear it for the first time but it makes a great career. Those of you who enjoy writing and sports equally can make a great career in sports journalism.
At college what should I do to prepare for this career?
1. Follow sports like you breath
2. Practice writing everyday
3. Promote or join a sports magazine at college.
4. Join an internship programme where both are possible.
5. Read a lot about sports and do not miss any opportunity to meet a sport’s celebrity.
What are the skill sets required by a journalist in this era? Read here. http://wp.me/p32NEY-7V
What is the difference between Copy writing and Content writing?
Copywriter is a common job role found in advertising and marketing functions. Especially copywriters are indispensable resources in the advertising field because they initiate ideas and builds concepts for the ad campaigns to run. They write copy that suits a client’s branding, marketing and advertising needs. A good copywriter carves out his/her niche with their lucid writing skills, comprehension skills and creative ability.
Content writers on the other hand, deal with a wider scope. Most people relate ‘content’ to ‘text’. They both are considered synonymous. However this is a glaring misconception people live with. The definition of content is not limited to text. Content means any resource used to communicate and convey an idea. In marketing, content is majorly used to run branding campaigns.
In this context, CONTENT includes TEXT, IMAGES, STORIES, VIDEO, INFOGRAPHICS and a lot more upcoming categories. Therefore content writing includes design, programming, presentation, speech, scripting and directing apart from writing. Writing can be substituted with the other abilities depending on the content we plan to generate.
This simply expands the scope of content writing. Hence, if you want to pursue a career in content marketing watch out for the other skill sets mentioned above. If you don’t have any them, start learning them before you are labelled as an out date.
- Content marketing map (hobbycollegecareer.wordpress.com)
Do you move restlessly in your bed trying to solve biological problems with technology? Do you feel living systems can be made better by the use of technology? If your answer is YES to both the questions, then you should explore biotechnology.
What is biotechnology?
Biotechnology involves working with living systems and bringing in technology where ever improvement is possible those systems. A sequence of biotechnology, bioinformatics and bioengineering is used in the life of a bio-tech product. Biotechnology is used in healthcare, environmental studies, crop production, agriculture and food production.
Skills required to pursue a career in Biotechnology
Basic lab skills, administration, inquisitiveness towards solution, problem solving, technical communication skills, decision making and creativity.
Courses in biotechnology
- Bachelor degree in Biotechnology
- B.E/B.Tech in Biotechnology
- Masters in Biotechnology
- M.Tech in Biotechnology
- M.Phil in Biotechnology
- MBA Biotechnology
- PhD in Biotechnology
Career opportunities after you pursue Biotechnology:
- Lab Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Associate
- Marketing personnel
- Business Development Officer
- Sales Representative
- Biotech Engineer
Application of Biotechnology
Biotechnology as a study, can be applied in the following fields:
- Marine Biotechnology
- Medical Nanotechnology
- Agriculture Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Food Processing
- Bio Processing Industries
- Pharmaceutical and Drug Industry
- Environment Control
- Waste Management
- Public Funded Laboratories
- Arms and ammunition
- Bionic architecture